Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Light Show


I finally got around to upgrading the light fixtures in the kitchen and dining area. We're going for the retro look and I was happy when I saw these at Rejuvenation.
Since I am all about saving the planet and stuff, I bought two CFL "bulbs" to use, but I now have learned that CFL's don't work with dimmers. The dining area is on a dimmer, so I had to use a regular bulb in there and now I have an extra one for when the kitchen bulb burns out in like 15 years or so.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like the new fixture, looks fabulous ! When did you get the purple cabinets ? M Y L would just love them too. I've gotten a few things from Van Dyke's Restorers.

MaryRuth said...

The cabinets were painted in July, 2004. You were here in March, 2004 so that's why you didn't see them purple. Purple cabinets, green floor and yellow walls---I love it. Dale says our place will look like The Simpsons house if I don't stop with the colors.
You have to come for a visit to see all the cool stuff.