Sunday, September 13, 2009

Are You Ready For Some Football?

It's football time again! Yahoo! A lot less drama this year compared to last, that's for sure. This season will be extra special at Fartwood Manor since we finally joined the 21st century and got an HDTV. I have to admit is pretty incredible for watching sports.
This season I have also joined a fantasy football league for the first time--that should be interesting. I'm not too sure how it works, but I hope I can figure it out before I get too far behind.
The little guy pictured above has graced the top of the tee-vee set every fall at my parents' house for something like 45 years. If there is anything like the "family jewels" in my family...this is it.
Imagine my delight when I spotted these shoes in the window of the Vans store! I had to have them. The weird thing is that even though I've lived in SoCal for 29 years...this is my first pair of Vans.
GO PACK GO!!

5 comments:

Miss Healthypants said...

I just saw the Packers beat the Bears. Boo hoo!

I still say...Go BEARS Go! *smiles*

goldenrail said...

My sister would totally snatch those shoes up if she ever saw them in a store, and she is not a shoe person. Nice pick.

Go pack!!!

MaryRuth said...

MHP--I had another couple over last night and I made brats, German potato salad, served some WI cheese...we had a great time. It was a good game, I feel badly about Urlacher though. =(

GR--she can get them online at vans.com The style is called ERA. I think it was in the "classics" section. They run really small. I had to get a full size larger.
The Pack looked pretty good last night.

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Unknown said...

During the Pack/ Cinn. game or fiasco, Andi told me about the blog photo ! Suppose we'll have to discuss what happens to the "Lucky Bobble-head", heirs ? Mom saw it at Sears, expensive @ $ 1.00 but thought that I would like it. Cica, early 1960's. Has official " NFL " label.