Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Getting in the Halloween Mood

A scene from Fartwood Cemetery.

This is totally embarrassing.....my last post was over a month ago! I swear there is some cosmic phenomena that is deleting hours from the day.
The haunt is complete--everything is out and set up and waiting for Friday when Dale will fire up the foggers at the pre-Halloween party. We have held off carving the pumpkins and will do that tomorrow and Thursday in the hope they won't completely rot and disintegrate before Friday night.
To get you into the Halloween mood, here's the podcast I made last year. It still works!
This is the scene in the front window--the pumpkin totem with spiders.

6 comments:

Jeanna said...

So cool, MR., ta for the pics I put a few up. Let me know if you want me to add anything. Can't wait to see more photos, am off to take a little look at State Street.

MaryRuth said...

Thanks Jeanna! Right now I'm getting ready for our "preview" party. We fire up the fog machines, etc. and have a gathering for our friends that can't make it tomorrow night.
Hope to have some new photos soon!
Have fun on State Street. My cousin posted today he's going there to climb a light pole. LOL (I think he's pushing 60). The last time I went there for Halloween was the year of the "Toxic Shock Syndrome" and saw quite a few tampon costumes. Yeesh! Have fun and be careful!

goldenrail said...

I just assumed you were busy decorating for Halloween ;)

MaryRuth said...

Thanks GR--you are so diplomatic! =)

Miss Healthypants said...

So how did it all turn out? :)

MaryRuth said...

The party Friday was nice with friends stopping by. Saturday was good too, but we had expected a large turn out but in fact it was less than last year.