Monday, March 16, 2009

There's no place like home

But where is home? I'm happy to have two awesome places to hang my hat.
I've been so busy on this trip I haven't really had a chance to get email, much less think of things to write about.
The flight back to California tonight will give me a chance to decompress and write some stuff. Lots of photos and fun activities.
It's kind of weird to be sitting at my Gramma's desk in my old bedroom (now the computer room) typing this on my dad's laptop!

5 comments:

Jeanna said...

It's pretty cool that your dad has a laptop. Hope you had a good time, my sis came here from Milwaukee for the parade.

Miss Healthypants said...

It's kind-of a funny feeling sometimes, to be back in your childhood home, isn't it? :)

I'd love to hear any stories you might have! :)

MaryRuth said...

Jeanna--poor old dad...he gets all the technology hand-me-downs. The laptop is his grandaughter's old one from undergrad...its sooo slow. Plus he doesn't want to pay for internet, so he just sucks it from the neighbors through a wireless connection...talk about being thrifty!
That parade looked awesome!
MHP--I'm trying to get some stuff put together from the trip. I had a great time.
The thing that strikes me the most is that the house seems a lot smaller than I remember.

Jeannie said...

I think my daughters feel the same way when they come 'home'. I'm sure your family told you that it was in the 70's on Tuesday - you left a day too soon! Hope you had a good time and didn't freeze on Thursday when you got in.

MaryRuth said...

Jeannie--man-o-man...I forgot just how cold 10 degrees is! wow. I'm glad it warmed up for you all to celebrate St. Paddy's in style.