Thursday, October 4, 2007

The Beer Hunter


A little artifact I came across on my trip to Wisconsin. I had heard about these cans earlier and was happy to get the opportunity to see one in person. No, I did not sample the beer in question....I was doing wine that day. However, I WAS weaned on Miller products, so I know it is good stuff.

The blaze-orange cans will be available during the fall hunting season in a "limited market".... meaning, as I read somewhere else, "look for it in Green Bay, not L.A." Dang.

I'm a little torn on this one. On the one hand, it IS a pretty clever marketing device. But then again, do we really NEED to reinforce the bond between excessive alcohol consumption and hunting? Oh wait......they added a line..."enjoy after the hunt". Which I am SO sure everyone will make a note of.

No comments: