Monday, October 8, 2007

OK, it's fall

Maybe it has someting to do with the changing of the seasons or that the yard chores seem to be less urgent. Or maybe because it is finally less nuts at work. Whatever the reason, I got the cooking bug back. My favorite pasttime has been on the back burner so to speak, for most of the summer.
The Packer game was on at 5pm instead of 10am, so I really had a lot of time to make stuff.
On Sundays I usually prepare two meals. One is usually a soup or casserole that I can take for lunch during the week. Then I make something for dinner as well.
Mushrooms were on sale, so I made cream of mushroom soup.
Since fall was in the air I made green chile stew. Well, the calendar says fall, but we had SantaAnas so it was like 85 and so dry you could feel the moisture just being sucked out of your skin. I'm glad I used the crock pot.

I roasted the chiles the night before (when I made burgers on the grill).


Right before we sat down to eat and watch the game, I popped in an apple crisp which we ate during half-time.



The food was really great...I wish I could say the same about the game. boo hoo hoo =(

No comments: