Monday, March 31, 2008

Lights Out America

Well, Dale and I did our patriotic duty and supported the "Lights Out America" activity on Saturday night. Thank goodness it started AFTER Big Joe or I don't know what I would have done.
Of course we didn't think it through beforehand. Like, what WERE we going to do once the lights were out? It went something like this:
M: Wow, it sure is dark, huh?
D: Yeah.
M: So, what do you want to do?
D: Hmmm...I don't know, it's kinda dark.
M: I'm bored.
D: Yeah, me too.
Normally, I would have been happy to just sit on the patio and listen to the crickets, but it was a little too cold and breezy. A fire in the fireplace would have been nice, but like I said, we didn't do too much pre-planning.
So we took a walk around the neighborhood. Didn't see anyone else obviously participating, but maybe THOSE people were inside their cozy, darkened houses, telling ghost stories and eating the popcorn they wisely thought to make ahead of time.
At least we made the effort, right?
I was reading about the event on Sunday, and I had a quizzically raised eyebrow when I read about Google's effort. They made their background black (instead of white). But if you weren't supposed to have the lights on (and I assume computer) how would any one see that?!?

No comments: