Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Spring is Sprung!


Even before we went to Texas, there were already a few teensy blossoms on the peach tree. Between the rain while we were gone and this week's warm weather, the peach tree is an explosion of pink-ness. Because of the cold, wet winter I am predicting another bumper crop this summer. So start gathering those peach recipes and send 'em on over. I plan to try my hand at preserves or jam or something besides crisps and cobblers.

On the other hand, I don't need any help deciding what to do with my lime crop. Between all the Mojitos and Thai food I make, I still end up having to buy some.
The orange and lemon trees have buds that are just starting to open. They smell so good when they do. And the avocado tree is looking good too. Just waiting for Squirrel/Raccoon/Opossum Armageddon to happen. Soon, I hope.
Yay Spring!

4 comments:

Wandering Chopsticks said...

But I like crisps and cobblers. And pies. Mmm. Pies.

How 'bout peach salsa? It's yummy.

I love lemons and limes too and often buy more even though I get plenty from my uncle's tree.

So Cal Peeper said...

mmmmm. Avocados. Pie. mmmmm.

I was told avocados are good for a guy's prostate. I wouldn't know, since I don't have one.

Unknown said...

Sometimes it causes me to tremble when there is all this talk of fruit tree blossoms ! I just came home from serving a " Breakfast with the Easter Bunny " and the temperature is 33 F. I feel good because the sun is shining***no snow ! Spring, on the calendar, is almost here. Then 6 weeks and we can think about planting in the "Tundra". LOLAH's

MaryRuth said...

WC: I may try a pie. They are white peaches with a pretty high moisture content, so I'm worried the pie will be too soupy. I did make a peach BBQ sauce that was good and some gelato.
Peeps: my SO says he'll take the chance on the prostate--he's still not going to eat an avocado.
Dad: you know my door is always open if you get sick of the cold!