Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Back to School Fool

Tonight is the beginning of another semester of sewing "class". It's not really a class per se, it is more like sewing "lab". I don't have a machine because I really don't have anywhere to put one, so I go to the class and use theirs. And it's only 20$.
I've been doing it for a few years now, initially to make curtains for the house. I also made some appliance covers. Tonight I may make some "beanbag" paperweights.
This semester the school location has changed. One of the middle schools in Torrance Unified School District was "decommissioned" due to asbestos problems. (OMG..what about the children?!?!?) Since the bond measure to fund a new school failed, someone had the great (?) idea to use the adult school campus for the middle school and make us poor adults use the asbestos-infected campus. Just when I had my mesothelioma under control! DAMN. Let's hope they at least got us some new machines. On the up side...it is closer to my house.

Like my old pal Krusty said....."Sex Cauldron? I thought they closed that place!"

No comments: