Friday, September 7, 2007

super stylin'

Wow. The cover of the latest issue of the "Design Outta Reach" catalogue features none other than the Quadracci Pavilion of the Milwaukee Art Museum. How cool!

This addition to the Art Museum was designed by Santiago Calatrava. The feeling you get inside the building is incredible. It is all white. After shaking yourself from the feeling of being in the 2001:Space Odyssey, you get the feeling of being in a cloud, floating, and enveloped in a silky, lighted cocoon all at once. I guess if one was inclined to the notion of Heaven...this might be a preview.
I have a love-hate relationship with Design Within (Outta) Reach....I want one of everything, but DANG......does it have to be so frikkin expensive? Now that I have the house to put the furniture in.....I can't even think about buying anything!


Here are a few pics Dale took last time we went to the Museum.


No comments: