Monday, January 21, 2008

Let The Healing Begin

I promise (with fingers only slightly crossed) that this will be the last Packer-related post until August. I never intended for football to be such a recurring topic, but I got swept up into all the excitement. But its over now and I'm over it. Movin' on.

My cousin Doug is a pretty funny guy. A raconteur. He writes good stories about growing up and family stuff. To help deal with his grief over the Packer loss he came up with this 'lil "poem" (Apologies to Lennon/McCartney)

Yesterday,
Green Bay losses seemed so far away,
Now it looks as though they're here to stay,
Oh, I believe in yesterday.

Sudden death,
I'm not half the man I used to be,
There's a kicked ball hanging over me,
Oh, yesterday came suddenly.

Why Brett
Had to throw I don't know, he wouldn't say.
I said,
"Run the ball!" now I long for yesterday.

Yesterday, 
Green Bay had an easy game to play,
Now Favre needs a place to hide away,
Oh, I believe in yesterday.

Why he
Had to throw I don't know, he wouldn't say.
I said,
"What the fuck!", now I long for yesterday.

Yesterday, 
Our team had an easy game to play,
Now they needs a place to hide away,
Oh, I believed in my Green Bay.

Mm-mm-mm-mm-mm-mm-mm.

No comments: