Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Party Time!

Since our friend Michael was visiting from Dallas this weekend, we had some people over for a little get-together.
One of the appetizers I put out was a little spin on the usual Caprese. I wanted it to be finger food so I put them on picks. After I took the picture I drizzled them with a little olive oil and gave a light dusting of black pepper.

The main course was a herb-crusted steak with an olive and tomato relish. The herbs were just rubbed on the steak and marinated for a bit. Very easy for a lot of flavor. I'll do this again. Those of you who are my loyal readers will also notice the green/wax bean salad that I raved about a few weeks ago. Look back in the archive for the recipe!

On the side I made some grilled vegetables--yellow and green squash, onions, peppers and served them with some whole wheat couscous that I tossed with lemon juice and chopped scallions.

Another side was grilled potatoes tossed with herb oil and parsley. I just pre-cook the potatoes and finish them on the grill.

I grilled off the veg and potatoes earlier in the day and everything else was already prepped, so all I had to do was grill the steak!

2 comments:

LA Farm Woman said...

Yummmm! If you ever need a taste tester, since I am such a giver, I would be glad to volunteer! Thanks for giving me more good food ideas, I need them. I write about where and how the food is grown but I know nothing about what to do with it!

MaryRuth said...

Hey thanks Judi! I actually bought most of that food at the farmers' market. Except for the meat and olives. But i now know they have olives too!
Thanks to you as well for enlightening me to why we need to support our local farmers. I'm slowly getting into the swing of things on that front.