Saturday, July 26, 2008

Weekend Wokking



Tomato Bread Salad
Inspired by Eating Well

Dressing:

2T lemon juice
2T olive oil
1 clove garlic, chopped fine

Salad:

2 cups ciabatta bread, crusts removed, cut into 1-inch chunks
2 cups cubed tomatoes
handful of sliced red onion
1/2 handful basil chiffonade
Salt and pepper

Method:

Mix the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Toss all the salad ingredients together in a large bowl. Drizzle the dressing on the salad to moisten, then let it sit for a few minutes so the bread soaks up the dressing a bit.

1 serving




I'm submitting this recipe to Weekend Wokking, a world-wide food blogging event created by Wandering Chopsticks celebrating the
multiple ways we can cook one ingredient.

The host this month is Darlene of Blazing Hot Wok.

If you would like to participate or to see the secret ingredient, check who's hosting next month.

4 comments:

Wandering Chopsticks said...

Yay! You made something. Nice. :)

MaryRuth said...

I love this salad! Who would think that bread sogged up with tomato juices would be good?..but it is!
I can't wait to see what the others made. I felt a little weird that my dish did not include any acutal "wokking" though.

Wandering Chopsticks said...

Haha. No worries. Most dishes don't. It's me and my lame attempt at a catchy name. Also! So I can encourage people to cook with a wok if they wish. :P

MaryRuth said...

WC..the funny thing is...I used to be a "wok cook" when I worked in a restaurant. My station had two of those HUGE three-foot diameter woks. I LOVED it. Now I get bummed at home with my dinky wok.