Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My New Comfort Food



OMG. This is the simplest, tastiest thing I have made in a long time. It is sooooo ONO!
Last week I was searching Epicurious for something to do with the leftover lamb I bought for Easter. There are only the two of us and the smallest leg was like 4 pounds, so after boning it out and butterflying it, I just portioned out about a pound for another meal later in the week.
This is take on the lettuce wrap thing made popular at Chinois.
Last week I made it with the lamb (that I ground in the Cuisinart) and the only things I did differently was to add a few shakes of chile flakes with the garlic and ginger and I served it over brown rice. The lettuce thing is so tedious.
I liked it so much that I made it again tonight, this time using ground chicken and adding some carrot julienne.
And there was some left over so I can have it for lunch tomorrow! Yay!

No comments: